Chef #407788 Evelinkamalinka's Note:
These rich and delicious cupcakes are a true chocolate fix. Make some for your next dinner party or just for the one you love :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- whipped cream, for frosting (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease an eight-count muffin tin, and line with cupcake papers.
- 2In a saucepan, melt the chocolate, butter, and sugar over low heat. Stir frequently until the mixture is smooth.
- 3Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly---for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, beat the eggs together for about 1 minute.
- 4Beat in the flour until incorporated, then slowly add the chocolate mixture until well blended.
- 5Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Place the pan in a roasting pan and add enough boiling water to come 1/4 inch up the side of the pan.
- 6Bake 25-30 minutes, until the edges of the cakes are set but the center is still soft.
- 7Remove the foil and place the pan on a rack to cool. The center will sink slightly. Don't worry if the top cracks a bit.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Chocolate Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.6
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 193.1 mg
- Sodium 46.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 4.2 g