Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These rich and delicious cupcakes are a true chocolate fix. Make some for your next dinner party or just for the one you love :)
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- whipped cream, for frosting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease an eight-count muffin tin, and line with cupcake papers.
- In a saucepan, melt the chocolate, butter, and sugar over low heat. Stir frequently until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly---for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, beat the eggs together for about 1 minute.
- Beat in the flour until incorporated, then slowly add the chocolate mixture until well blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Place the pan in a roasting pan and add enough boiling water to come 1/4 inch up the side of the pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until the edges of the cakes are set but the center is still soft.
- Remove the foil and place the pan on a rack to cool. The center will sink slightly. Don't worry if the top cracks a bit.