Recipe by Sharon123
I adore chocolate bark, especially when it has good dark chocolate! This recipe came from Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa show. I have changed a few things around. Enjoy! :D
- 9 1⁄2 ounces very good dark chocolate, finely chopped (or semisweet chocolate)
- 8 ounces very good bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup whole roasted salted cashews (or almonds or roasted nuts of choice)
- 1 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (you may also use other dried fruit here)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the 2 chocolates in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. (Or if you wish, microwave for 1 minute, stir, then microwave 30 more seconds. Stir till smooth.).
- Meanwhile, line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Using a ruler and a pencil, draw a 9 x 10-inch rectangle on the paper. Turn the paper facedown on the baking sheet.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the paper and spread to form a rectangle, using the outline. Sprinkle the cashews, apricots and cranberries over the chocolate. Press down lightly to set them into the chocolate.Set aside for 2 hours until firm. Cut the bark in 1 x 3-inch pieces and serve at room temperature. Enjoy!