Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
I adore chocolate bark, especially when it has good dark chocolate! This recipe came from Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa show. I have changed a few things around. Enjoy! :D
- 9 1⁄2 ounces very good dark chocolate, finely chopped (or semisweet chocolate)
- 8 ounces very good bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup whole roasted salted cashews (or almonds or roasted nuts of choice)
- 1 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (you may also use other dried fruit here)
- Melt the 2 chocolates in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. (Or if you wish, microwave for 1 minute, stir, then microwave 30 more seconds. Stir till smooth.).
- Meanwhile, line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Using a ruler and a pencil, draw a 9 x 10-inch rectangle on the paper. Turn the paper facedown on the baking sheet.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the paper and spread to form a rectangle, using the outline. Sprinkle the cashews, apricots and cranberries over the chocolate. Press down lightly to set them into the chocolate.Set aside for 2 hours until firm. Cut the bark in 1 x 3-inch pieces and serve at room temperature. Enjoy!
This was delicious, another one to add to my list of favorite treats. You can add whichever dried fruit or nut you like to this. Thanks for sharing your recipe Sharon :)