Recipe by mariposa13
Top Review by Missmagill
Oh my gosh! This was SO good!!!!! The wine and nutmeg added the perfect light flavor to the sauce. I subbed evaporated milk for the skim, because I wanted it richer. That made the nutmeg much less intense. I also don't own any non-stick pans so we used some olive oil to cook the chicken and just drained it off afterwards. Thank you so much for an amazing intro to French food!
- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the chicken in a non-stick frying pan.
- Cook slowly over moderate heat with no fat added until well browned.
- Drain off melted fat.
- Add the onion, broth and sherry.
- Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cover and simmer over very low heat until nearly tender, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Uncover. Tip pan and skim fat form the liquid with a bulb-type baster.
- Continue to simmer uncovered until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Whisk milk and flour together and stir into the pan.
- Cook and stir until sauce is bubbling and thick.