Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Nice and saucy chicken makes a one-dish meal for the crockpot.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, chopped coarsely
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Place chicken in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except parsley, and place on top of chicken.
- Cover crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley.
I downsized the chicken to 3 breast and kept the rest of the ingredients the same. This smell wonderful while cooking. My DH and son both loved it and have asked for it a few times since.
Sorry to report this, but unfortunately this didn't work out so well for me. There was a lot of chicken in proportion to the rest of the ingredients and therefore the chicken wasn't well seasoned. Also, the ingredients didn't make enough liquid to produce much sauce. The length of cooking time dried out the chicken breast. The cannellini beans are naturally starchy and didn't work in combination with the dry chicken.