Prep 5 hrs
Cook 8 hrs
This is so good and easy to make and the house smells good while you are cooking this.The prrp time includes soaking of the beans. I also soak the beans in hot water.
- 1⁄2 cup dried navy beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 2 cups water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in chunks
- 16 ounces canned tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sage, powdered
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- Place beans, 2 cups of water, and other ingredients in crockpot; cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Discard bay leaf before serving.
Delicious, Kim! I used minced garlic in place of the powder and added !/2 cup white wine. Made in the crock pot and voila---transported to the French countryside for dinner. Made for BellyWarmer Event in Cooking Photos.
This is a decent stew, but I doubt i'll make it again -- a little bland for me. Only 4 WW points.