1/5 Photos of French Chicken in Vinegar Sauce
A wonderful recipe for chicken featuring balsamic vinegar. What sets this apart from others is the surprise inclusion of that distinctly American condiment, catsup. Together these create a delicious sweet and sour combination. This Cooking Light inspired dish is just 4 points per serving. For Core followers, count 1/2 point per serving for the wine or substitute with additional broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped onions (a sweet onion such as Vidalia or Oso Sweet would be especially good)
- 8 (3 ounce) boneless skinless chicken thighs or 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons catsup
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of water to a large nonstick skillet and add onions.
- 2Cook the onions for 4 minutes until they begin to soften.
- 3Apply small amount of cooking spray and cook another minute or two until there is some browning and carmelization.
- 4Add chicken and sauté each side 3 minutes or until browned.
- 5Combine wine and remaining ingredients (wine through black pepper) in a medium bowl; stir well.
- 6Add wine mixture to chicken mixture and cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- 7Turn chicken over.
- 8If you like a thick sauce, remove cover and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- 9Otherwise return cover and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Chicken in Vinegar Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.1
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 142.2 mg
- Sodium 629.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 35.0 g