1 hr 15 mins
It's a new take on "Mom's" Durkee Chicken Casserole. A bit more sophisticated taste. Still has those addictive Durkee or French's Onion Rings
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g sweet onions, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 9.85 ml maple syrup
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin long strips
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 236.59 ml white wine or 236.59 ml rose wine
- 29.58 ml flour
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml sage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beef bouillon cube, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- 1 box durkee French fried onion rings
- 11. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- 22. For caramelized onion, place a skillet on very high heat, and drop onions in it. Let it cook for 4 minutes.
- 33. Add maple syrup and mix well.
- 44. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Cook for about 20 minutes or until caramelized, stirring occasionally.
- 55. For casserole, in a large mixing bowl, add caramelized onion, heavy cream, wine, and egg. Mix well.
- 66. Drop thyme leaves, pepper, salt, bouillon cube, and flour.
- 77. Throw garlic, sage and a little bit of grated cheese. Stir to combine.
- 88. Place a frying pan on medium high heat, and melt butter in it. Swirl and spread it all over the pan.
- 99. Drop chicken pieces and let them caramelize.
- 1010. Season it with salt and pepper. Flip and cook on other side.
- 1111. Grease a baking dish, and pour egg mixture in it.
- 1212. Place chicken on top, and sprinkle remaining cheese on top of dish.
- 1313. Top with Durkee Onion Rings.
- 1414. Put it in oven and bake for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.0
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 41.1 mg
- Sodium 143.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
French fried onion rings