Recipe by pines506
I got this from an old TOH booklet. This is a great casserole served with rice or noodles on the side.
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, sliced in spears and steamed 2 minutes or 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli spears, thawed
- 3 -4 cups cooked chicken, skinned, boned and cut into large pieces
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch, dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth or 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk (I use half and half)
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos
- 1 (8 ounce) package old English cheese, cubed or 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a greased 13 x 9 baking dish, layer the broccoli spears and chicken pieces alternately. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the melted butter, dissolved cornstarch, broth, seasonings, milk and pimientos.
- Cook until thickened. Add cheese, stir until melted.
- Pour warm sauce over top of chicken and broccoli.
- Bake at 350°F for about 35 minutes or until bubbly.