3 hrs 30 mins
I don't know if this is really French, but my cookbook calls it that. In any case, it's a really tasty soup to be enjoyed in the cold autumn evenings. Use beef ribs or other meaty part on the bone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut most of the meat off the beef bones. Put the bones in a large (and I mean huge) pan, put the meat on top.
- 2Boil the water, and pour it on the meat. Put in stock cubes, seasoning, onion and parsley. Bring to boil.
- 3Simmer for two hours, remove the foam when needed.
- 4Cut the chicken in 8-10 pieces, and put them into the pan. Let simmer for about an hour.
- 5Cut the parsnips and the celery root to small pieces, and put them in the pan. Simmer for 10 minutes, then put in the leeks. Simmer another for 10 minutes.
- 6Take beef and chicken bones out together with the meat. Cut the meat into small pieces and return to pan.
- 7Serve with bread.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Chicken and Beef Soup
Serving Size: 1 (474 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.8
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 86.4 mg
- Sodium 937.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 22.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: