Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I don't know if this is really French, but my cookbook calls it that. In any case, it's a really tasty soup to be enjoyed in the cold autumn evenings. Use beef ribs or other meaty part on the bone.
- Cut most of the meat off the beef bones. Put the bones in a large (and I mean huge) pan, put the meat on top.
- Boil the water, and pour it on the meat. Put in stock cubes, seasoning, onion and parsley. Bring to boil.
- Simmer for two hours, remove the foam when needed.
- Cut the chicken in 8-10 pieces, and put them into the pan. Let simmer for about an hour.
- Cut the parsnips and the celery root to small pieces, and put them in the pan. Simmer for 10 minutes, then put in the leeks. Simmer another for 10 minutes.
- Take beef and chicken bones out together with the meat. Cut the meat into small pieces and return to pan.
- Serve with bread.
I was surprised this had not yet been rated. These simple ingredients yield a lovely flavor. (It must be French) I put everything in a LARGE crockpot and let it go all day.