Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I got from my MIL. It has great flavor. It has become a favorite around our house.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon, please check sodium levels for the beef bullion seems to low (powder or cubes)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- Dip chicken in lemon juice and rub with salt.
- Melt butter in heavy sauce pan.
- Add chicken, cooking 1 minute on each side.
- Place piece of wax paper over top of chicken (to hold in the juices.).
- Cover with a lid and bake at 450°F.
- for 10-12 minutes.
- (I know this sounds short, but the lemon juice speeds up the cooking time.) Remove from oven and put chicken on a serving dish.
- Boil leftover juices in pan and add boullion, then add whipping cream.
- Boil until sauce thickens slightly.
- (It will thicken more as it sits.).
- Pour over chicken and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Serve with rice.
This is a delicious recipe that my mom has made for years...I am glad to see it on here! Thanks for sharing. I love to have this with rice....the sauce is just sooo good!
Super recipe!. Simple and delicious. I didn't use the oven either, but a stovetop 'dutch oven' instead. Kept the lid on after sauteeing the chicken, turning occassionally at medium flame.
Excellent! After sauteing the chicken (step 3), I left it in the pot to simmer with some extra lemon juice and some water with the bouillon until cooked through (saved me the trouble of using the oven and cleaning up extra pans). I then removed the chicken pieces, placed them in a container with a lid (so that they don't dry out), and then followed on from step 8. I also added twice the amount of cream, as we like our meals very 'liquidy'.