Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Adapted from 'Southern Accents', this looks VERY retro - we are making it tonight! But it was so easy - I thought I'd go ahead and post the recipe!!!
- 4 chicken breasts, bone-in
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup French dressing
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Pour french dressing over all and sprinkle on onion soup mix.
- Cover and chill 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Bake covered at 300 for 2 hours.
Thanks, Janet. So simple, so good. A definite keeper.
Sometimes simplictly is the best way to go, that was def. true for this dish. I used bonless skinless breast and lowered the cooking time and upped the temp to 350. But the dressing and soup mix worked very well together to create a simply tasty chicken dish. Thanks for posting!