Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I saw this on Rick Stein's journey around France. It wasn't called French Cherry Tart (I didn't quite catch the name... and would be grateful if anyone out there could supply it), but it looked absolutely delicious and I am definitely going to give it a try.
- roll out the puff pastry and cut into two circles (with a diameter of 12").
- Place one of the circles onto a greased non stick tray (to go into the oven).
- cream together the sugar and the butter until well mixed.
- Add the egg and the egg yolk gradually to the butter mixture and mix until well blended.
- Add the almonds, cherries, flour and kirsch to the butter mixture and mix.
- place the mixture into the middle of one of the puff pastry circles.
- wet the edge of the pastry and place the other pastry circle on top and seal.
- put decorative slits in the top of the pie.
- glaze with the beaten egg glaze.
- Put into a medium (preheated) 180 deg c oven.
- cook for approximately 50 minutes (or until the pastry is golden brown and has risen).