1/5 Photos of French Cherry Clafouti Pudding - French Cherry Custard Bake
French Tart's Note:
A delicious and easy traditional French pudding; Clafoutis or Clafouti is basically a custard/pancake batter type pudding which is usually baked with fruit. Most seasonal fruits other than cherries work well - such as apricots, raspberries, blackberries etc. I make it with either fresh cherries or with bottled/tinned cherries. I try to bottle some every year, picked from the cherry trees in the garden and put them in Kirsch or Cognac! Serve with creme fraiche or cream & garnish with a cherry on top with some of the reserved liqueur.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
CLAFOUTIS CUSTARD or BATTER
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- 2Grease a baking tin or tian with a little butter; size about 6" x 9" or 12" long for an oval dish.
- 3In a food processor, blend together all the clafoutis batter ingredients, except the cherries.
- 4Pour the clafoutis batter into the greased tin or tian.
- 5Scatter the cherries into the top of the clafoutis batter.
- 6Bake in the oven for about 30 to 45 minutes or until risen and firm to the touch and golden brown.
- 7Serve warm with creme fraiche or cream.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Cherry Clafouti Pudding - French Cherry Custard Bake
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.3
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 367.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 34.1 g
- Protein 7.2 g