Top Review by shelly Monreal
My boyfried is a big German food eater and he raved about this recipe for days. In fact his ex-wife who is a German citizen loved it. The French cheese is a little hard to find but worth the effort.
- shortbread (prepared from another recipe)
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 1⁄2 lb French cheese (Soft Double Creme)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, Granulated
- 1 tablespoon unbleached flour
- 4 large eggs, Separated
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and the double creme, then add the sugar and flour and beat until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in the egg yolks, sour cream, heavy cream and vanilla.
- Beat the egg whites until they are frothy, then gradually add the confectioners' sugar and beat until the whites form stiff peaks.
- Fold the whites into the cheese mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and bake for 45 minutes, or until the center is firm.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill before serving.