1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 20 mins
pink cook's Note:
I posted this recipe for Dreamer in Ontario and she liked it, so here it is for you enjoy it, too.
My Private Note
lbs. tu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork or 1 lb sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 4 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup rice
- 1 inner pack saltines (optional) or 1 Ritz cracker, crushed (optional)
- 5 slices of toasted bread, cut in cubes (optional)
- water (1 inch on bottom of pan) or broth (1 inch on bottom of pan)
- 1Put all ingredients in large pan except crackers. Cook on medium heat until meat is well cooked, approximately one hour stirring occasionally, so it will not stick to bottom of pan. Add 1 ladle of turkey drippings.
- 2Simmer for 20 minutes and drain 3/4 of liquid from pan. Add rice (or crushed crackers or bread cubes instead of the rice) until the rest of liquid is absorbed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Store the stuffing in refrigerator overnight to get more flavor and then stuff the turkey.
- 4NOTE: Dreamer in Ontario wrote:.
- 5"I think that pinkie kookie's recipe sounds close if I use rice in place of the bread and/or crackers.".
- 6I wrote: "Your idea of adding rice instead of the crackers and bread is excellent, Dreamer in Ontario. That is what the recipes are for, to add our own ingredients and ideas. Enjoy it.".
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Canadian Meat Turkey Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.4
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 50.8 mg
- Sodium 402.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 15.7 g