2 hrs 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Everything a butter cookie should be and cute as a button. Before baking, four holes are made in these cookies so they look like big buttons. Unlike most other recipes this one uses brown sugar and a fancy edge made of turbinado sugar. They melt in your mouth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and brown sugar with electric mixer equipped with paddle attachment, if you have one.
- 2Beat on high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- 4Add flour and salt and mix on low speed until incorporated.
- 5Roll dough into three 1 1/2" logs, wrap in plastic wrap and chill until firm, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- 6Preheat oven to 350° and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- 7Roll logs in turbinado or granulated sugar, making sure to coat them evenly.
- 8Slice logs into 1/4" thick cookies and place on cookie sheet 1" apart.
- 9Use a skewer or toothpick to make four decorative holes in each cookie, making the cookie appear to be a button.
- 10Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- 11Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (746 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.7
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 62.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: