Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this saved recipe while searching through a box of my old recipes. Have not made it yet--- sounds very rich & yummy. Posting here for safekeeping. (note: Not sure if the baking time is correct! If you make this recipe, please let me know what the proper baking time is, thank you kindly!).
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter or margarine in bowl. Beat in egg yolks. Mix well.
- Sift flour and salt onto board or into large bowl. Make a well in the center. Put sugar and egg-yolk mixture in well. Mix with flour gradually until blended.
- Mix in vanilla and orange liqueur or rum. Knead dough well.
- Turn into 9x9x2-inch pan. Spread evenly with spatula. Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours. Cool in pan. Cake keeps several weeks wrapped in foil.