- 10 ounces flounder, cleaned scaled and ready to cook (per person)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice (per fish)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder (per fish) or 1⁄2 garlic clove, small minced (per fish)
- 1 pinch white pepper (per fish)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar (for sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup virgin olive oil (for sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar substitute (for sauce)
- 3 tablespoons catsup (for sauce)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (for sauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper (for sauce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauce: Put all sauce ingredients [everything labeled "for sauce"] together in blender and blend until smooth and refrigerate for 2 hours to "cure" or thicken a bit.
- Prep: Score top of flounder in diamond pattern, dash carefully with lemon juice, add garlic, and sprinkle with the pinch of white pepper.
- Brush liberally with sauce and broil for 2 minutes, brushing once more. Return to broil for 2-4 more minutes or until fish is light and flaky when prodded gently with fork.
- You should have enough sauce for 8 fish, and therefore [depending on how many fish you're baking], will have sauce left over for salad, vegetable dip, etc.