1/1 Photo of French Broiled Flounder
My Private Note
fish pe ...
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces flounder, cleaned scaled and ready to cook (per person)
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice (per fish)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (per fish) or 1/2 garlic clove, small minced (per fish)
- 1 pinch white pepper (per fish)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (for sauce)
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil (for sauce)
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute (for sauce)
- 3 tablespoons catsup (for sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (for sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper (for sauce)
- 1Sauce: Put all sauce ingredients [everything labeled "for sauce"] together in blender and blend until smooth and refrigerate for 2 hours to "cure" or thicken a bit.
- 2Prep: Score top of flounder in diamond pattern, dash carefully with lemon juice, add garlic, and sprinkle with the pinch of white pepper.
- 3Brush liberally with sauce and broil for 2 minutes, brushing once more. Return to broil for 2-4 more minutes or until fish is light and flaky when prodded gently with fork.
- 4You should have enough sauce for 8 fish, and therefore [depending on how many fish you're baking], will have sauce left over for salad, vegetable dip, etc.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Broiled Flounder
Serving Size: 1 (596 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1569.9
- Calories from Fat 1004
- Total Fat 111.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 136.0 mg
- Sodium 1314.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 78.3 g
- Protein 56.2 g