1/1 Photo of French Brioche Bread in Breadmaker
3 hrs 55 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
This rich egg and butter bread has a light and tender crumb that will melt in your mouth. It is great to eat with butter and tastes fantastic in French toast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add yeast and flour to breadmaker. .
- 2In a microwave safe bowl, combine water, salt, sugar, and butter and microwave until butter is melted (about 3 minutes and 30 seconds). Mix butter mixture with a whisk and add to the breadmaker. .
- 3Turn breadmaker on to "dough mixing mode". After dough has been mixed together (about 1 minute after turning on "dough mixing mode") add eggs. Add more flour to mixture if dough is too sticky one tablespoon at a time. .
- 4Allow breadmaker to run through cycle. After cycle is complete, let dough rise in breadmaker until it rises to the top of breadmaker canister (about 1 hour).
- 5Grease a 9 x 4 inch loaf pan with butter.
- 6Dust the surface of the dough with flour. On a floured counter, pat the dough into a 7 by 14 inch rectangle. (If necessary, use a bench scraper to loosen dough and add more flour underneath the dough so it doesn’t stick.). .
- 7Using your bench scraper to cut the loaf in half lengthwise. Gently roll each half into a 14" tube. Pinch the two ends of the dough together and braid dough by laying the left piece over the right until pieces of dough are tightly twisted. Pinch ends together. Transfer loaf to prepared loaf pan. .
- 8Cover pan loosely with plastic wrap and allow to rise until doubled in size. Top of the loaf should rise about 1 inch over the lip of the pan. Could take up to 3 hours. (Tip: Turn oven to 110° then turn off. Let dough rise in warmed oven. Dough will rise in about 1½ hours.) .
- 9Before baking, beat 1 egg to create an egg wash and spread over top of bread. (You will not use entire egg for egg wash.).
- 10Preheat oven to 350º. Bake approximately 25 minutes until the crust is golden brown and internal temperature registers 200º. .
- 11Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Remove loaf from pan and cool completely on a wire rack before slicing, about 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Brioche Bread in Breadmaker
Serving Size: 1 (898 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2766.3
- Calories from Fat 1047
- Total Fat 116.4 g
- Saturated Fat 65.3 g
- Cholesterol 988.0 mg
- Sodium 3805.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 352.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.8 g
- Sugars 35.2 g
- Protein 75.3 g