1/4 Photos of French Breakfast Puffs/Muffins
A French coffee house treat prepared in a flash with a food processor, then baked and rolled in a delicious butter sugar and cinnamon mixture :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease muffin tins with cooking spray.
- 3In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- 4In a food processor, with steel blade, pulse the cold butter with the 1/2 cup sugar with on/off method, until creamed; add in the egg and vanilla, mix until combined.
- 5Feed alternately through the tube, the dry ingredients and the cream (be sure that the cream is the last ingredient to be added).
- 6Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full.
- 7Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 8Remove from the muffin tins, and roll in melted butter, then in mixture of 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- 9NOTE: Do not roll the puffs if you do not plan to use them immediately.
- 10These can be frozen or refrigerated, and when reheated, roll in the butter and the sugar mixture, the puffs will get hard and crusty if rolled in the butter then reheated Serve hot-- DELICIOUS!
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Breakfast Puffs/Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 767.3
- Calories from Fat 391
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 26.9 g
- Cholesterol 159.3 mg
- Sodium 796.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 50.3 g
- Protein 7.7 g