Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A French coffee house treat prepared in a flash with a food processor, then baked and rolled in a delicious butter sugar and cinnamon mixture :)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- In a food processor, with steel blade, pulse the cold butter with the 1/2 cup sugar with on/off method, until creamed; add in the egg and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Feed alternately through the tube, the dry ingredients and the cream (be sure that the cream is the last ingredient to be added).
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the muffin tins, and roll in melted butter, then in mixture of 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- NOTE: Do not roll the puffs if you do not plan to use them immediately.
- These can be frozen or refrigerated, and when reheated, roll in the butter and the sugar mixture, the puffs will get hard and crusty if rolled in the butter then reheated Serve hot-- DELICIOUS!
My cinnamon loving nephew is visiting and made these for our breakfast. As usual Kitten a real winner. So easy to make he helped get them in the oven - then while they were cooking went to the garden and picked fresh strawberries to eat on the side. YUM!! So good, I used raw sugar with the cinnamon for topping and it was perfect. Enjoyed with milk for him and hot coffee for me. I'll be making this often
Very good, fast to make. Light and very tastey............YUMM
This is an amazing little muffin! The texture is sublime and the buttery crunch of the cinnamon and sugar on the outside put these in a class all by themselves. The nutmeg in the muffin is absolutely a delicious addition. I think my husband nearly devoured the entire batch himself. I think these are going to requested often here.