Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe we have had for 30 years. A favorite breakfast treat for our kids. I think we got the original recipe from my aunt. Bet you can't eat just one.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add alternately with milk.
- Grease 12 muffin pan.
- Drop batter into pan w/spoon.
- Bake on 350 degrees 12- 15 minutes or golden brown on top.
- Melt butter.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll hot muffins in butter then sugar&cinnamon.
- Serve warm.
I grew up with these breakfast muffins! One of my earliest memories in the kitchen is "helping" my mom baking these for our family. Yummy and tender. It takes mine about 20 minutes to bake and lightly brown.