Recipe by NovaLee
Cinnamon and nutmeg flavored mini-muffins.
Top Review by CindiJ
This is a wonderful breakfast treat. My sons didn't like muffins when they were little but loved cake. I made this in a 7x9 pan, sprinkled with the cinnamon/sugar mixture, added some chopped pecans over the top and baked. When done, poked holes all over (using a wooden skewer) and poured the melted butter over the top. Same great taste and they were happy little campers. I still do this when they come home for holidays or hunting trips. Thanks for posting this great breakfast classic!!
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- With a mixer beat butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and egg until well blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with milk.
- Spoon into mini muffin tins filling two-thirds full.
- Bake 350 for 14-16 minutes.
- Remove immediately from tins.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip tops of muffins in melted butter and then in the sugar mixture.