1/3 Photos of French Breakfast Puffs
I just discovered this in Betty Crocker's baking classics. This should be illegal. It's a cross between a donut, a muffin, and cinnamon toast. I used butter, and I rolled the entire thing (top, bottom, and sides) in butter and in cinnamon sugar when it came out of the oven. This is way too simple to make and way too delicious. This is dessert to me...I wouldn't make it for breakfast, but it's good no matter what.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350.
- 2Grease 15 muffin cups, 2 1/2 x 1 1/4".
- 3Mix shortening, 1/2 cup sugar, and the egg.
- 4Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg alternately with milk.
- 5Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- 6Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 7Mix 1/2 cup sugar and the cinnamon.
- 8Immediately after baking, roll puffs in melted butter, then in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Breakfast Puffs
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.6
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 59.0 mg
- Sodium 311.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g