Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
An awesome muffin recipe that has been in my family for many years.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Beat butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and egg at medium speed with a mixer until creamy and well blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternatively with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Spoon into greased miniature (1 3/4 inch) muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 14 to 16 minutes. Remove from pans immediately.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Dip tops of muffin in 2 tablespoons of melted butter and then in sugar mixture.
- NOTE: Batter may be baked in regular muffin pan for 20 to 25 minutes. 10 muffins.
These were wonderful! they are so easy to make. the muffin itself has such a wonderfully buttery flavor and the cinnamon/sugar/butter mix that goes on the top gives it just the right amount of sweetness and flavor. i would maybe put some vanilla in the batter next time, but there will definately be a next time! i loved them. and sooo easy.
This is a great, simple recipe, best served warm -- I've been making it for years, since finding it in a Clabber Girl 'Old-Fashioned Favorites' pamphlet-style cookbook from 1991. Thanks for posting!