Recipe by coconutcream
From a collection of muffin recipes I recently found.
Top Review by domesticgothess
These are very tasty, but I only got 12 smallish muffins out of this recipe and although I only baked them for 20 minutes, I should have probably taken them out after 15 minutes. Next time I will likely add some vanilla (personal preference).
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour or 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick melted) or 1⁄2 cup margarine (1 stick melted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 15 medium muffin cups.
- Mix thoroughly shortening, 1/2 cup sugar, egg.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg alternately with the milk.
- Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Topping: Mix 3/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Immediately after baking, roll puffs in melted butter, then in cinnamon-sugar mix.