Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- In a bowl, mix yeast, sugar and 1 cup"warm" water.
- Add first four ingredients.
- Add flour, 1 cup at a tim.
- Knead bread for 3 minutes.
- (Wheat bread needs to be kneaded 12 minutes.).
- Cover with a cloth and let rise.
- Divide into four pieces.
- Roll like a jelly roll.
- Sprinkle corn meal on bottom of cookie sheet.
- Let rise 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
I didn't read the recipe through before making, I should have. I think the first direction is confusing. Maybe the ingredient list should be re-ordered to have step one ingredients at the top instead of the bottom. This would have helped me anyways. In the end (despite my mix-ups) I have four huge beautiful loaves of bread! They rose so easily, I couldn't believe it! The texture is light but with plenty of body. Next time I'll reduce the amount of sugar (because of my confusion I already reduced it by 2 t). Thanks for the amazingly easy fantastic recipe!
best way to do it!