1/4 Photos of French Bread With Roasted Garlic and a Hint of Lavender!!!
French bread with a hint of Lavender. Goes great with roast meats to soak up the juices or just put butter or cheese on it or dip into olive oil and share with your Loved one! Use the bread machine to make and baked in the oven. Follow your bread machine directions. If you don't have a french bread setting just remove dough from the machine before the final rising stage and shape as directed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lavender, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, finely minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fast-rising active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic
- 1Add water to the machine following with the rest of the ingredients as listed. Be sure not to have the salt (place salt in a corner)and yeast touch.
- 2Use the french bread setting press start.
- 3When the dough cycle has finished remove dough from machine place it on a floured work surface.
- 4Punch down divide into 2.
- 5Start with one rolling into 7-8 X 3 inches. Fold one third up lengthwise and one third down then press. Repeat twice more letting the dough rest in between foldings.
- 6Gentle roll and stretch each piece to 11-13 inch loaf.
- 7Place loaf on a lightly floured bread pan so it will keep its shape while rising.
- 8Cover with lightly oiled plastic wrap and rise for 30-45 minutes in a warm place.
- 9Slash tops with a sharp knife.
- 10Sprinkle with more herbs and coarse salt.
- 11For a glaze you can brush the bread before sprinkling with an egg wash!
- 12Or leave as directed for a rustic look.
- 13Place into a preheated oven at 450 degrees. In a pan below add a hand full of ice cubes. Bake until golden brown for about 15-20 minutes.
- 14Transfer to wire rack and cool.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Bread With Roasted Garlic and a Hint of Lavender!!!
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.0
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 293.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: