Recipe by Rita~
This is made in the bread machine and baked in the oven. Follow your bread machine directions. If you don't have a french bread setting just remove dough from the machine before the final rising stage and shape as directed.
Top Review by kzbhansen
WOW!!! This is wonderful!!! We had it for dinner last night and LOVED it!!! Im a Garlic-a-holic and this hit the spot!! I actually used 2 T roasted garlic for a little bit more of a kick LOL THanks for another great recipe!!
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fast-rising active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Add water to the machine following with the rest of the ingredients as listed. Be sure not to have the salt (place salt in a corner)and yeast touch.
- Use the french bread setting press start.
- When the dough cycle has finished remove dough from machine place it on a floured work surface. Punch down divide into 2.
- Start with one rolling into 7-8 X 3 inches. Fold one third up lenghtwise and one third down then press. Repeat twice more letting the dough rest in between foldings.
- Gentle roll and stretch each piece to 11-13 inch loaf. Place loaf on a lightly floured bread pan so it will keep its shape while rising. Cover with lightly oiled plastic wrap and rise for 30-45 minutes in a warm place.
- Slash tops with a sharp knife. Place into a preheated oven at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes. In a pan below add a hand full of ice cubes. Bake until golden brown. Transfer to wire rack and cool.