Recipe by Hey Jude
Here's a different take on garlic/cheese bread for lovers of black olives. This is a recipe I've tweaked from one I found in a Junior League cookbook.
Top Review by Ginny Ax
Holy Cow, Homemade TX toast!! Just like the stuff that you buy from the stores, but better! I didn't have any chives, so I used some parsley, and I used garlic powder. Will be making again and again! Thanks for posting! :)
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) French bread, sliced in 1 inch slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter and mayonnaise and stir until well combined; stir in the grated cheeses, chives, black olives, garlic salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread thickly with butter mixture; lay the slices spread side up on a cookie sheet and slide under the broiler until the edges are brown, watching carefully to as not to burn the bread.
- Serve warm.