Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 mins
This recipe uses an already made loaf of French bread.
- 1 lb loaf French bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, separated
- cheese spread, shredded
- 1 tablespoon parsley, snipped
- Heat oven to 350°F Cut bread into 1-inch slices. Mix butter, garlic powder and chives; spread on slices. Reassemble loaf; wrap securely in aluminum foil, 28 X 12-inches. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 20 minutes.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored. Fold egg yolks and cheese spread into egg whites. Remove loaf from oven, fold back foil and tuck down around the base of the loaf. Soon egg mixture over loaf; sprinkle with parsley. Bake until topping is a delicate golden brown, about 4 minutes.