Pizza slices for those who like tofu, sounds very good, haven't tried this, but saw it in the local newpaper and thought someone out there might enjoy it.
- 1 loaf French bread, large
- 1⁄2 lb firm tofu, rinsed,patted dry and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450f degrees.
- Cut bread loaf in half widthwise, then each half again lengthwise to create 4 roughly equal pieces.
- Place the bread, cut side up, on a dry baking sheet.
- Place remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender, blend until they form a smooth paste.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the bread.
- Bake until tofu mixture is hot and bread toasted, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut each pizza into individual slices.