1/1 Photo of French Bread Pizza (vegetarian)
Pizza slices for those who like tofu, sounds very good, haven't tried this, but saw it in the local newpaper and thought someone out there might enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf French bread, large
- 1/2 lb firm tofu, rinsed,patted dry and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 450f degrees.
- 2Cut bread loaf in half widthwise, then each half again lengthwise to create 4 roughly equal pieces.
- 3Place the bread, cut side up, on a dry baking sheet.
- 4Place remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender, blend until they form a smooth paste.
- 5Spread the mixture evenly over the bread.
- 6Bake until tofu mixture is hot and bread toasted, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- 7Cut each pizza into individual slices.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Bread Pizza (vegetarian)
Serving Size: 1 (1342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.0
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 337.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 5.2 g