Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and Easy use for your left over (or really needs to be used) French Bread. I really didn't want to cook one night, so I made this up. I used whole wheat french bread that I had made, but I'm sure this would be tasty with store bought. I also made my own pizza sauce, again, use what you like! We added pepperoni and sausage to ours. My son and husband loved them and really liked that they didn't take long to make.
- 8 slices French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4-1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Set oven to Low Broil. Combine melted butter and garlic in small bowl and coat evenly on one side of french bread slices. Lay slices, butter side up, on cookie sheet or baking stone. Broil for 2-4 minutes, until toasted. Turn bread over and broil for 2-4 more minutes, until lightly toasted. Remove from the oven on the cookie sheet.
- Set oven to 350 degrees. Spread pizza sauce on each slice (butter side will be down), sprinkle with parmesan cheese, add any toppings you want, and then top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cook in oven for 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted.