1/1 Photo of French Bread Pizza Rustica
This is a Rachael Ray recipe I modified quite a bit to suit our tastes, so feel free to play with it to suit yours. So good, I crave it if we don't have it twice a month. I serve it with homemade pizza sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 lb hot Italian turkey sausage
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Split bread lengthwise and hollow it out. Cut in half across to make 4 shells.
- 3Brown sausage in a skillet over medium-high, breaking up large pieces with a spoon.
- 4Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic; cook 3-5 minutes. Add spinach. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Transfer mixture to a bowl. Add ricotta and parmesan and combine well. Fill bread shells and top with mounded mozzarella and provolone.
- 6Bake in hot oven until cheese melts and bubbles and bread is super crisp, about 10-12 minutes.
- 7Top with oregano and crushed red pepper and serve with marinara.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Bread Pizza Rustica
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 911.7
- Calories from Fat 359
- Total Fat 39.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 144.6 mg
- Sodium 2569.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 60.4 g