Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Taste of Home Feb 2010. Recipe prep time does not include ABM dough cycle or additional time to rise. Makes a nice small loaf perfect for an pasta dinner.
- 1 cup warm water (110-115 degrees)
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal
- Add all ingredients except cornmeal to your bread machine in the order listed. Use dough cycle only.
- Remove dough from bread machine and shape into loaf. Sprinkle with cornmeal. Let rise until double, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
This bread was very easy and do. I let it rise the 1 hour. And baked it 20 minutes. The taste is so yummy and the texture of the bread is light. Thanks Invictus :) Made for Holiday tag
I needed to add quite a bit of additional flour to get the correct dough consistency. When the loaf was finished baking, it did not have a pretty golden color that I would have liked it to have. It was, however, very crispy and it tasted good.
This was so easy! I am NOT a great bread baker, so I was thrilled to pop the ingredients into the ABM and walk away! I used 1/2 white wheat flour and a little bit of spelt flour, too, so mine came out a bit more dense/brown than others probably did. It was still yummy, though, and much enjoyed with a huge pot of soup. It was a bit salty for my tastes, so I will probably see how much I can tinker with that. Thanks for posting! Made for Best of 2010 tag.