Recipe by donna864
Great french bread taste....
Top Review by Melanie Adrienne
So easy and so good! I used my bread machine to make the dough (45 minute quick dough cycle) then divided the dough into 4 pieces and shaped into 4 round balls. Let them rise for one hour on greased foil lined cookie sheet, then baked as stated. It made 4 awesome bread bowls for our clam chowder! Just cut a little off each bowl top when they are done..then press dough inside the bowl to inside of bowl and add chowder. Yum! Great recipe! Thanks!
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first 5 ingredients in your bread machine according to machine directions.
- Start the Dough program on your bread machine.
- When dough is finished, then place on lightly floured surface and roll into large rectangle.
- Roll up tightly starting with the longest edge, press seams to seal and tapering each end.
- Place on a greased baking sheet, cover and let rise until double-- about 40 minutes.
- With a knife, cut 3 diagonal slashes across the loaf.
- Combine glaze ingredients and brush on generously.
- Bake at 400 degrees 20-25 minutes or until done.