Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mother showed me this recipe that she used as a speedy nibble when visitors dropped in. Great as an appetiser for BBQ's or parties.
- 1 loaf French baguette (long thin bread stick)
- 250 g butter or 250 g margarine
- 1 packet French onion soup mix
- If you can, freeze the french stick as it is easier to cut.
- Cut very thin slices- approx 1/2cm if possible.
- Mix butter or margarine with soup mix.
- Spread fairly thinly on bread slices but with good coverage.
- Place on a flat baking tray in oven set at 180 degrees celcuis for 5- 10 mins watching very closely to avoid burning.
- When the bread dries out and darkens, they are ready.
- You will have very tasty and crunchy bread chips to eat plain or with dip.
- Enjoy- but try to save some room for dinner!
This was very tasty and crunchy and great for a party. Sadly, my guests ate them all quickly, so I would probably do 1 french stick/loaf per every 10 guests.