1/1 Photo of French Bread Chips
Fiona Candlish's Note:
My mother showed me this recipe that she used as a speedy nibble when visitors dropped in. Great as an appetiser for BBQ's or parties.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If you can, freeze the french stick as it is easier to cut.
- 2Cut very thin slices- approx 1/2cm if possible.
- 3Mix butter or margarine with soup mix.
- 4Spread fairly thinly on bread slices but with good coverage.
- 5Place on a flat baking tray in oven set at 180 degrees celcuis for 5- 10 mins watching very closely to avoid burning.
- 6When the bread dries out and darkens, they are ready.
- 7You will have very tasty and crunchy bread chips to eat plain or with dip.
- 8Enjoy- but try to save some room for dinner!
Browse Our Top Toddler-Friendly Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Toddler-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Bread Chips
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.5
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.3 mg
- Sodium 92.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.8 g