Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 24 slices French bread, 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (7 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F degrees.
- Place bread slices on cookie sheet.
- Add cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and dry Italian dressing mix well.
- Put a scoop of mixture on each bread slice.
- Sprinkle bell peppers on top.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until the cheese has melted.
I had a party and made this appetizer and everyone loved it. I ended up making copies of the recipe for people before they left!!!!Very TASTY!!
This was really simple to put together and yet delicious! They just disappeared each time I brought out a batch. I shall be making it often. Every one was wanting to know what it was called, and I wished they had a fancier name. I sliced the french bread with an electric knife - much easier to cut. Also lightly fried the peppers before sprinkling on top.
I just made these for my nieces 21st Birthday party and they were a big hit! And were so easy to make. Thanks for a great recipe!