1/2 Photos of French Bread (10-Grain)
3 hrs 30 mins
Belinda M.'s Note:
A healthy loaf of French Bread that tastes wonderful! I use my bread machine on dough setting to mix and knead the dough then shape, rise again and finish it in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup bob's red mill 10-grain cereal
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup whole white-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 -3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten (optional)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1Add 10- grain cereal to boiling water; set aside for 20 minutes or until lukewarm.
- 2Pour the cooled cereal, water, olive oil, honey and salt into the bread machine pan.
- 3Add 3 cups bread flour, the wheat flours, vital wheat gluten and yeast.
- 4Start machine using the dough setting. If dough is too sticky add up to 1/2 cups more bread flour or add a little more water to dough if too dry. You want the dough to be just slightly sticky.
- 5When machine has finished the dough cycle (mine is 1-1/2 hours), punch dough down and divide in half.
- 6Place dough on lightly floured surface. Roll each half into a 12" x 15" rectangle.
- 7Roll dough tightly, from longest side pressing seams and tapering ends and tucking under.
- 8Place loaves on a greased baking sheet or in a french/baguette pan.
- 9Cover and let rise in warm place, free from draft, about an hour, or until doubled in bulk.
- 10With sharp knife, make 3-4 diagonal cuts on top of loaf.
- 11Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- 12Remove to cooling rack and brush melted butter over tops of loaves.
- 13Cool at least 1 hour before slicing.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Bread (10-Grain)
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 987.0
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1757.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 197.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 26.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: