Recipe by Annacia
Skinny fast-fry steaks cook up in a snap. Top them with an irresistible mix of garden-ripe tomatoes and creamy blue cheese. From Chatelaine magizine.
Top Review by twissis
Made for ZWT-8 Family Picks when I'd thawed minute steaks for dinner & decided I wasn't content to make my usual chicken fried steak w/gravy. So instead I found your recipe & turned a "routine" dinner into something spec served only w/rice smothered in caramelized onion - very simple to fix & simply great. This was so easy to prepare that it almost "fixed itself" & we loved the combo of flavours. While a great meal for us, a smaller portion could be an ideal starter for a dinner party. I'm so happy I found this recipe. Thx for sharing it w/us.
- 2 small plum tomatoes
- 1 green onion (green part only)
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 -3 pinches dried rosemary
- 4 small minute steaks or 2 large inside round steaks
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tomatoes in half and squeeze out seeds. Slice tomatoes into thin strips.
- Thinly slice green portion of onion.
- Combine in a medium bowl.
- Crumble in cheese.
- Add 1 tsp (5 mL) oil and pinches of salt and pepper. Stir to mix.
- In a small bowl, stir Dijon with pinches of salt, pepper and rosemary until evenly mixed.
- Rub all over steaks.
- Lightly coat a large frying pan, preferably non-stick, with oil and set over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add steaks. Cook until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Place on plates and generously top with tomato mixture.