Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Skinny fast-fry steaks cook up in a snap. Top them with an irresistible mix of garden-ripe tomatoes and creamy blue cheese. From Chatelaine magizine.
- Cut tomatoes in half and squeeze out seeds. Slice tomatoes into thin strips.
- Thinly slice green portion of onion.
- Combine in a medium bowl.
- Crumble in cheese.
- Add 1 tsp (5 mL) oil and pinches of salt and pepper. Stir to mix.
- In a small bowl, stir Dijon with pinches of salt, pepper and rosemary until evenly mixed.
- Rub all over steaks.
- Lightly coat a large frying pan, preferably non-stick, with oil and set over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add steaks. Cook until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Place on plates and generously top with tomato mixture.
Made for ZWT-8 Family Picks when I'd thawed minute steaks for dinner & decided I wasn't content to make my usual chicken fried steak w/gravy. So instead I found your recipe & turned a "routine" dinner into something spec served only w/rice smothered in caramelized onion - very simple to fix & simply great. This was so easy to prepare that it almost "fixed itself" & we loved the combo of flavours. While a great meal for us, a smaller portion could be an ideal starter for a dinner party. I'm so happy I found this recipe. Thx for sharing it w/us.
This was sooo good. It was quick and really easy to prepare with wonderful flavor. We both loved it, the dh even cleaned his plate. I barbequed a sirloin steak and topped it with the tomatoes, green onions and goat cheese. (as I don't care for blue cheese) It worked really well with the rosemary and dijon mustard . Thanks for posting this tasty tasty recipe Anna, I'll be making this one again. Made for The Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT8 - France.
This was really simple to put together and ready in no time! Perfect for that super busy night... The flavor was really delicious too! DH loved it, he loves blue cheese. Thanks for posting, Annacia!!!