Recipe by BeckyF
Although I have never tried this recipe, it appears to be a simple meal to fix.
Top Review by monicawf
This is simple to make, but very good! I cut the mushrooms in half so that the picky eater in my house could easily find them and remove. I used up the last few ounces in several bottles of red wine, so it was quite a combination, and I used a bag of frozen pearl onions instead of the sliced onion (lazy me), but otherwise made as directed. I served with herb roasted potatoes, that could easily be stirred into the beef burgundy to absorb the sauce -- and it was a great hit! My elderly mother gets the leftovers and she raved, too.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs boneless beef chuck, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, salt and black pepper.
- Dredge the beef cubes in the flour mixture and brown in the olive oil in a medium skillet.
- Place the beef and remaining ingredients into the Crock Pot Slow Cooker and mix thoroughly and combine.
- Cover; cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours or on High for 2 to 3 hours.