Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I got this from the cookbook that came with my Rival Crockpot, and I just love it. It's SO tasty! I usually put a whole cup of beef broth, though, as I don't like as strong of a wine taste.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs boneless beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced (I usually use dried flakes)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- Combine the flour, salt, and black pepper.
- Dredge the beef cubes in the flour mixture and brown in the olive oil in a medium skillet.
- Place the beef and remaining ingredients into the crockpot and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours (or on high for 2 to 3 hours).
You're right - it is SO tasty! I followed the recipe exactly and served over noodles. A big hit!