Recipe by Moe! Larry! Cheese!
Comes from "Our House to Yours" cookbook by the Pulaski Business & Professional Women's Organization.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 4 cups thinly sliced vidalia onions or 4 cups any sweet onions
- 1 lb beef tenderloin (I buy the pre-cut beef stew tips) or 1 lb sirloin, cut into 1/2 " cubes (I buy the pre-cut beef stew tips)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 quart beef broth
- 2 cups cooked fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In large, heavy bottomed pan, over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onions; saute, stirring often, until caramelized, but not burned, 15 to 20 minutes.
- With slotted spoon, remove onions to medium bowl.
- Add beef to pan; brown well on all sides.
- Return onions and any juices to pan.
- In small bowl, mix flour, sugar, cumin, salt and pepper and add to pan; stir 1 minute until bubbly. Gradually add broth, stirring to scrape drippings from pan; simmer 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat broiler; place 1/2 cup fettucine in each of 4 ovenproof bowls; divide beef mixture over pasta.
- In medium bowl, stir cheeses together; sprinkle evenly over beef.
- Broil until cheese is melted and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Makes 4 servings.