Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
If you can't find haricots verts (those long, skinny French green beans), use green string beans and julienne them lengthwise. It's worth the effort. This recipe depends on high quality fresh beans for it's flavor. Prep time does not include julienning. From Rozanne Gold, a favorite cookbook author.
- 1 lb French haricots vert, trimmed (or green string beans julienned lengthwise)
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts, lightly toasted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Blanch the green beans for 5 minutes in boiling, salted water; shock in a colander under cold water; drain.
- Saute the hazelnuts in butter until warmed; add green beans and heat through; season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.