Recipe by kiwidutch
Posted for RecipeZaar World Tour 2006. ZWT REGION: France.
Top Review by Shuzbud
I loved the combination of the paprika and sour cream in this dish. I used Weight Watchers creme fraiche as it's low in points and the two worked really well together. I'd probably use more paprika next time but that's personal taste! A really lovely way to vary green beans- thanks!
- 700 g French beans (1 1/2 lb)
- 25 g butter (1 oz)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 ml paprika (1 teaspoon)
- 150 ml chicken stock (1/4 pint)
- 145 ml sour cream (5 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the " tops" and "tails" off the beans and cut them into 2.5 cm ( 1 inch) lengths.
- Melt the butter in the pan and saute the onion gently for several minutes until soft and golden but not brown.
- Add half of the paprika, the beans, stock, salt and pepper, bring to the boil and cook for 10 minutes until the beans are tender.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the sour cream, return pan to the heat and reheat without boiling.
- Transfer to a serving dish and and dust the top with the remaining paprika.