1/2 Photos of French Baguette With Poolish
8 hrs 16 mins
Red Apple Guy's Note:
Lean dough with a poolish preferment.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g all-purpose flour or 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 200 g water or 7 ounces water
- 2 pinches instant yeast
- 1Mix poolish, cover, and let rise at room temperature overnight. It should double in volume, be very bubbly and smell good.
- 2Mix all other ingredients except salt and let sit covered for 25 minutes approximately.
- 3Sprinkle with yeast and knead by hand or dough hook in a mixer for about 8 minutes. Stretch and fold letter-style and place in straight sided clear container for 20 minutes.
- 4Stretch and fold twice more 20 minutes apart and let rise until doubled or more in volume.
- 5Gently divide into 3 pieces about 330 grams each.
- 6Shape into baguettes, place on parchment folding to support each loaf, cover with oiled plastic and let rise (proof) 40 minutes or until 1 1/2 times in volume. 2 ounces of dough in a small juice glass with aid in seeing when the proof is done.
- 7Glaze with egg wash or milk if desired and score.
- 8Bake in a 425F oven with a steam pan (shallow pan with 1 cup hot water) on the bottom of the oven for 8 minutes.
- 9Remove water pan, rotate loaves 180F and bake for 7 or 8 more minutes until 205F internally.
- 10Cool on a rack for 20 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Baguette With Poolish
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.8
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 393.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g