1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Abby Girl's Note:
This baguette is made up fast and easy with the help of the food processor
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place warm water in the food processor. Stir in the sugar and yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes. Process for 5 seconds.
- 2Add 1 cup flour and process 5 seconds. Add salt and rest of the flour and process until it form a ball. Then process for 40 seconds.
- 3Remove the dough from the food processor. Pour 1/2 tsp of olive oil in a bowl and with a paper towel coat the bowl with the oil. Place the dough in the bowl, covering it with some of the oil. Cover with a clean dish towel and allow to it to rise for about 1 hour or until doubled.
- 4Punch down and shape into a baguette. Make 4 slashes in the dough.
- 5Preheat oven to 425. Add a pan of water in the bottom of the oven.
- 6Bake for 15 minutes, spraying it with water 4 times during the cooking time. Reduce oven to 350 and bake another 20 minutes or until golden.
- 7Option: Brush with an egg glaze for a shiny loaf before baking.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Baguette (Food Processor)
Serving Size: 1 (507 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1