Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This baguette is made up fast and easy with the help of the food processor
- Place warm water in the food processor. Stir in the sugar and yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes. Process for 5 seconds.
- Add 1 cup flour and process 5 seconds. Add salt and rest of the flour and process until it form a ball. Then process for 40 seconds.
- Remove the dough from the food processor. Pour 1/2 tsp of olive oil in a bowl and with a paper towel coat the bowl with the oil. Place the dough in the bowl, covering it with some of the oil. Cover with a clean dish towel and allow to it to rise for about 1 hour or until doubled.
- Punch down and shape into a baguette. Make 4 slashes in the dough.
- Preheat oven to 425. Add a pan of water in the bottom of the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes, spraying it with water 4 times during the cooking time. Reduce oven to 350 and bake another 20 minutes or until golden.
- Option: Brush with an egg glaze for a shiny loaf before baking.
I was looking forward to make this bread as a Saturday project! I must have done something really wrong. I followed the directions and ended up with something like pancake batter in my processor. It never formed the dough. I'll skip to a traditional recipe using the old kneading method. I'm sure this recipe will work for others, it just didn't work for me.
Make the bread with 3 to 3 1/2 cups flour and it works out.
I had the same experience as did Pink Ribbon 09. I had to add about 1/2 cup more flour... it did turn out nice, but this recipe should be either revised or removed.