Prep 12 mins
Cook 20 mins
Mix it in your bread machine and bake it in your oven. So easy, so tasty, so much fun to make! Prep time is however long your breadmaker takes plus that given below. *EDIT* On Feb 12 -09, I added the pan size option of a 10 inch deep dish pie pan.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 3⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated asiago cheese
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated asiago cheese
- Dough: Place the dough ingredients into the pan of your bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Program for dough or manual, and press Start. At the end of the cycle, turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Cover it with a clean towel, and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Filling: Combine all of the filling ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Assembly and Baking: Lightly oil a 9 inch cake or 10 inch deep dish pie pan. Note: a dark-colored pan will produce bread with a crispier bottom than a light-colored, reflective pan. Divide the dough into 14 pieces and shape each into a ball. Dip each ball in the filling mixture, and lay them into the pan. Pour any remaining filling evenly over the dough.
- Cover the pan with greased plastic wrap, and let the dough rise for 30 minutes. Bake the bread in a preheated 400°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until it's golden brown. Remove it from the oven, and allow it to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
So very easy in the bread machine and then shape and bake. Love the unusual flavor the cheese gives and the interior is light and fluffy. Only warning I'd give is watch closely as the brown really fast with all that oil and next time I'll stand by with foil to cover the last few minutes. That said, no trouble with the oven and they where a hit with everyone.
Easy and Delicious!
Gorgeous bread! Really great taste too! Oh what a bread! I made this for The Farm Woman Cooks with Andi of Long Meadow Farm! This is a show stopper! Kevin loved it! I followed the recipe to the "T"! Thank you Annacia!!!! Hugs, Jelly