Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm not sure what's French about this cake, exactly, but it's spicy and moist. It's also egg and dairy free and fairly low fat.
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat applesauce and oil slightly in microwave and add to dry ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 350* for 45 minutes.
- (Can also be baked in a bundt pan at 325* for 45 minutes. Cool in pan for about 20 minutes, then turn out and cool on rack.) Can be eaten as is, or dust with powdered sugar or frost with your favorite buttercream or cream cheese frosting.