Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is wonderful if you love apples and yogurt. Adapted from a recipe by the US Apple Consumers Association.
- 3 cups diced apples
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt (drain off liquid)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (if apples are tart or use1-2 tsp. honey)
- Cook the apples in 1/2 cup water 5 to 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Reserve one cup and put the rest into blender with one cup yogurt, vanilla, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- Blend very briefly.
- Mix all ingredients together. This makes about a quart. Enjoy!
This was yummy, both my 2yo DD and I loved it. My only problem was that the it was quite soupy not as thick as I would have liked. Next time will use extra thick Greek style yoghurt which I think will combat that. Didn't need to add the sugar, my apples were sweet enough. Thanks for posting!
This is fantastic! Has all of the strong wonderful flavors of a fancy yoplait yogurt without all of the chemicals AND with the addition of wonderful crisp apples. The vanilla made it fabulous. So good! I used full-fat greek yogurt and it was heavenly. Will def be making again. Thank you!
What s lovely and healthy treat. I used Gala apples, fat free plain yogurt and a combo of Splenda brown sugar and regular Splenda to trim the fat and sugars as low as possible. I left a lot of chunks in mine so that there was something to chew on but if you blended it all well it would be a great topping for cereals or some desserts.